Thursday 29 August 2013

Making My Mark

A pr company I work for occasionally has a quaint, so last-millennium requirement for all its contributors to sign every commissioning letter and return it.
This is a major pain in the rectal area. Just the concept of printing a document out, signing it and scanning it back in again to email it back to the client brings me out in hives. But the electronic alternatives are little better.
The obvious thing to do would be to bring it up on my iPad and sign it on screen, but the bastards send the form in .doc format so that's no go. Pages won't let you do it either.
Editing the document on a PC means you can't sign it (and no, I'm not going to invest in a graphics pad just because one client has absurd requirements).
Even Skitch, possibly the easiest to use graphics app on the iPad, failed to deliver because it can only work with .pdfs blast it.
Eventually I created a little graphic of my sig using Skitch, saved it, saved the form in Evernote, moved to my PC, opened it there using Office Libre, inserted the graphic and emailed the bloody thing back. An alternative route would have been to save the Skitch graphic in my camera roll on the iPad, opened the form in Pages and insert the sig there. Either way it is fucking palaver.

No comments:

Post a Comment